The Needlemakers Café is 100% plant based. We run a simple but creative menu that consists of all day breakfasts and lunch menu, as well as sandwiches, cakes and pastries.
We are looking for someone to be part of our FOH team who is comfortable working in a busy, customer-facing environment. We are open 7 days a week, and this is a full-time position which will include weekends but no evenings. This role will include looking after our customers, running food and drinks, taking orders, opening up and closing down, and playing your part in the smooth running of our café.
We are looking for someone that would be interested in growing within the business and over time taking on extra responsibilities with growth in pay.
What we are looking for
- Experience working FOH in a similar café/restaurant environment.
- Proven ability to juggle multiple tasks and demands.
- Ability to learn quickly on the job, including being knowledgeable about our food and drinks and explaining this information with confidence to customers.
- Some flexibility to cover shifts as required, including weekends.
- The ability to establish rapport and deliver high standards of service with a genuine and approachable manner.
- Ability to communicate confidently with the kitchen team and the barista.
- Passion and/or understanding of plant-based food.
We look forward to hearing from you and organising an interview and trial date soon.
Pay and benefits
£9.50 – 10 ph
32 days holidays
Access to Pension Scheme